Friday, July 01, 2005

Hi there. Long time no see. How've you been? You're looking well.

I could try to explain the long delay between posts. But nobody reads this anyway, so who cares? In the three years since I last updated this thing, a lot has happened, and I'm not even going to bother trying to cover it all. So let's just pretend that it never happened, shall we?

New album is done, I think. I shelved it about 8 months ago to let the flavors condense and mingle, and I dug it back out again last night. I chopped one track (sorry Z.), and now I think it's done. I'm listening to it as I type, and I think it's good. Needs a little tweaking here and there, but it's so close I can taste it. And it tastes like coffee. No wait, that IS coffee I'm tasting. Anyhow. Seven tracks, 45 minutes. Classic album length as dictated by the limitations of vinyl. But that's a dream I'm not even thinking of having at this point. The first album (yes, there was one) was about the same length. The second (as yet unreleased) one was longer. The new one (as yet untitled) is the same length as a one-track mp3 EP I did. Weird.

Speaking of MP3 EP's, my compatriot Zac Keiller down in Australia has been faithfully releasing my stuff. Weird, I know. Check his site, Dreamland Recordings.

He also put out an actual physical EP of mine. Which has gotten reviews in languages I can't even read. Head. Spinning.

That's all for now. Make sure to visit Zac's site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker