Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ambient hair-metal?

just got back from practice. tonight I played the world's greatest/stupidest hair-metal-power-ballad-guitar solo. I didn't even intend to, it just kind of came out. at which point Ken and I doubled over with laughter. Those dudes in Stryper would wet their tights if they heard my wicked riffageâ„¢.

we work together pretty well--we have a similar musical sense, I guess, and occasionally we end up playing the same thing even though we're improvising. pretty rad. we've discussed it, and it's so nice to just have someone else to play music with. we just get together and it comes out. I mean, I'm not saying we're exactly Bon Jovi or anything, but I'm surprised at how well we jive.

more later.

2 Comments:

Blogger liam said...

hey mitre dude, this is Liam (posts on k board/sent you a pm once)

anyways, i just want to let you know that i have been repping the mitre cause lately and have turned my friends onto the blissful drone. also i'm working on getting it played at the campus radio station.

i'm going to buy whatever you have for sale because i am in the exact right place for drone music.

later,

Liam

1:47 AM  
Blogger scott said...

hey Liam,

thanks for the kind words. don't hesitate to rip cd's of those mp3 ep's I've got on archive.org. I appreciate your help spreading the mitre gospel. Also, my EP "Sympathy for Agamemnon" is available from Dreamland Recordings, but it might be a little pricey, as Zac's located in Australia. When more stuff becomes available, I'll be sure to let you know.

thanks again!

Scott

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker