Friday, August 26, 2005

recommendations

A few things that have been rocking my world lately:

White Rainbow. As I mentioned yesterday. Check out the first track and order this cd here.

Death Vessel. Caleb hepped me to this tiny dude with the high-pitched voice. Amazing dark folky gorgeousness.

Phantom Buffalo. I used to work with the lead singer in a grocery store. True story. They just finished recording their second full-length and they have another EP in the can. These guys are lined up for something huge and awesome. Catch 'em.

Mono. Lush post-rock from Japan. On tour in the US now. They're playing Subterranean in September, and you can bet I'll be there.

Cains&Abels. Sweet, sweet melancholy pop songs. Playing the Empty Bottle this Sunday. I'll be there as well.

Zapruder Point. His/their new record is all up in my ipod in a wicked frequency. A couple of songs I simply can't get enough of ("Good As Gold" most of all).

Drive-By Truckers. Dirty southern rock. Melancholy beauty. Engrossing and hard-rockin'.


consider this a public service. check this stuff out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker