Thursday, August 18, 2005

we now return to our regularly scheduled babbling

As I suspected, a large dose of hard alcohol chased by an even larger dose of loud riff-o-rama rock, and I'm right as rain. There's something about being pummelled in the face by a wall of tightly-controlled guitar monstrosity that'll set you back where you need to be.

I'm still pondering the things I was thinking over yesterday, but it seems less immediate now. So there you have it. The drone rolls on.

Yesterday I stopped at The Big Evil Corporate CD Shop down the street from where I work and picked up a copy of (What's The Story) Morning Glory on sale. I haven't heard this album in probably 8 years. A friend of mine used to listen to it every day in college and I got completely burned out on it. She and her roommate were obsessed with Oasis. Now, going back to it, I find that it's a mostly-solid collection of songs. Seriously. I mean, I'm not going to say it's the greatest record of the 90's, but for a record that's 10 years old it holds up remarkably well.

Of course, I've also been listening to a lot of The Geto Boys recently, so there's that grain of salt to take this with as well.

I had a vision this morning on my way in to work of me living out in the middle of nowhere, living more or less like a hermit, working on music and only seeing other people on my own terms. Of course, that would necessitate a number of things, such as moving somewhere where I can be by myself when I need to be, but where I could simultaneously be near enough to my friends that I could drop in on them when I want. Nice daydream, eh? Oh, and as with all daydreams, the whole subject of making money and supporting myself didn't crop up.

2 Comments:

Blogger danzp said...

oasis are better than the beatles, even. JUST ASK THEM.

4:56 PM  
Blogger scott said...

actually, I ran into them in the Pittsburgh airport at some point when I was in college. These hulking English dudes who looked really pissed. It was a little frightening.

and no, I'm not making this up.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker