Thursday, September 08, 2005

gears turning

for most of practice yesterday I wasn't terribly happy with the way I was playing. at one point Ken and I were playing these interlocking patterns that worked pretty well, but I felt I could have done better. I was getting a little frustrated when we fell into this long, lush drone that sounded great.

gears are turning and things are falling into place for Fold Your Wings, which is nice. I'll post more info as soon as things are finalized (more or less).

the weather's cooling off and it's starting to become autumn here in Chicago. As a kid, summer was always my favorite season, due to the whole no school thing. Being (nominally) an adult and living in the city, summer is kind of a joke. I still have to go to work every day, plus it's oppressively hot and humid? Sign me right up! Plus there's the fact that you remember summer being great when you were a kid, but it's a giant letdown. Autumn, on the other hand, is great. The weather is cooler, but not the knock-down, drag-out freeze of a Chicago winter. The occasional smell of burning leaves. That three-day period when the leaves change and fall on the ground before they become a muddy pile of rotting filth that lays on the streets until the following spring. Really, it's better in New England, but I'll take what I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker