Wednesday, September 07, 2005

scenario

Let's say for the sake of argument that your telephone rings at 1:30 AM. You ignore it, figuring it's a wrong number. Immediately after it stops ringing, it starts ringing again. It must be an emergency. You race to the phone and pick it up. A friend of yours is in Albuquerque and has, let's just say, had a bit too much scotch, and really, REALLY wants to tell you that a) you're his only friend in the central time zone and b) he just saw someone perform Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" at a karaoke bar.

You know, just for the sake of argument. Sean, I love you, but one of these days I might have to kick your ass.

Last night, after drinking a farewell toast to everyone's favorite hapless seaman, I proceeded to my four-track to break in the microphone Mark gave me for my birthday. I recorded five acoustic covers: one each by Bob Dylan, Gutterball, Mudhoney, Treble Charger, and my good friend Zapruder Point. One live track of acoustic guitar and vocal, with minor overdubs on the Dylan and Treble Charger songs. The Neil Young, Bjørk, Velvet Underground, and John Frusciante covers I was planning on doing didn't come together, though perhaps at another point.

Also, I fixed the links in my previous post. Sorry 'bout that--the Museum of Science & Industry took down all their Body Worlds stuff as soon as the exhibit ended.

oh, and I just wanted to add a link to this story from CTA Tattler--more proof that people, by and large, are idiots.

4 Comments:

Blogger mikraas said...

farewell?? where the hell is he going?

8:43 AM  
Blogger scott said...

I can only hope there will be a Gilligan edition of Body Worlds once the rest of the cast kicks off.

8:46 AM  
Blogger mikraas said...

i can't wait to see The Professor without any skin. grrrrrrowwwwlll!

8:56 AM  
Blogger scott said...

I hope they have Leonard Cohen's "So Long, Marianne" playing through the exhibit.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker