Saturday, September 10, 2005

Sybris

My friend and co-worker Tom Evans (not the same Tom as below) celebrates 2 years in the States today (he's from England). So last night Tom, his wife Paula, and I went to see local shoegaze heroes Sybris at Schuba's. I didn't quite know what to expect--one of my co-workers had nothing good to say about them, but Tom said they were good. Ah hell, it was for a good cause; couldn't let Tom celebrate alone. The opening band did nothing for me, and I left during the headliner, but Sybris totally brought the rock. They sounded kind of like Swervedriver or Ride fronted by Cat Power. Or something. Anyway, they play out a lot, so if you get a chance, check 'em out. Their self-titled debut album is out on Flameshovel records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker