Monday, September 19, 2005

Yar!

Today be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, thanks to John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers. Read Dave Barry's column detailing the humble beginnings of this wonderful worldwide celebration.



Disney's version of Treasure Island has always been a favorite of mine. It was made in 1950, before Disney totally wussed out. A kid shoots a pirate in the face. Let me repeat that in case you missed it. A kid shoots a pirate in the face. One of my favorite Disney moments, along with the sequences in Swiss Family Robinson where the kids make hand grenades out of coconuts and the little kid digs a pit and lures a tiger into it so that the tiger can eat the invading pirates alive. Aladdin this ain't.

Oh, right, music. I wussed out on practice last week because I was exhausted. I wussed out on seeing Mono on Friday because I was exhausted. Tonight The Rosebuds are playing, but the weather sucks, the show starts pretty late, it's kind of a pain to get home from Subterranean, and it's raining. So yeah, my wuss-o-meter is peaking.

Looks like Fold Your Wings will be around by the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker