Thursday, October 06, 2005

john peel / pink floyd

okay, so John Peel is still dead. we know this. I got somewhat excited when I heard that the BBC was going to be putting out a two-disc compilation of unreleased material Peel recorded over his career. One of the bands mentioned was Pink Floyd. Great, I thought, maybe now Pink Floyd will finally start putting out official versions of their Peel Sessions. Some of the bootlegs floating around are alright, but some of 'em are pretty poor. Anyway, I discovered today (courtesy of Pitchfork) that the Pink floyd track on said compilation is going to be "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun."

Frankly, I'm kind of pissed.

Pink Floyd played a number of rare and obscure tracks, including a really nice 10-minute version of "The Embryo," as well as "The Narrow Way" and some other stuff not so well remembered. But no. They're releasing yet another version of "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun."

yawn. at least I still have my bootlegs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker