Tuesday, August 07, 2007

dude, you're killin' me

I'm an editor. As such, I consider myself a connoisseur of language. The English language keeps me fed and puts a roof over my head. For that reason, the following conversation, which I overheard in the grocery store last night, pains me greatly:

Woman (holding up two lemons): Is this going to be enough?
Man: That'll be, like, way enough.

On the other hand, the following exchange, which took place between a co-worker and I as I passed her in the hall earlier today, struck me as particularly hilarious:

Her (upon seeing me): Dude.
Me: What?
Her: Nothin'.
Me: Cool.

That was the entire exchange. I don't think seeing it on a screen really gives it justice. Go get a friend and re-enact it. Trust me, it's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker