Thursday, March 06, 2008

The foul anus of America

I have seen the darkest orifice of this great nation, and it is Las Vegas. Everything the terrorists say about us is true in that city that makes sin less appealing than a root canal.

I'll back up. One of Kim's best friends got married in Vegas, so to play the good husband, I went along for the ride. The wedding was cool, all of the bride and groom's relatives are great, but that city is the antithesis of everything that's good. It's like a frat party in a shopping mall. It's where a huge chunk of our nation's social security checks go...and stay. It's a town full of machines that are just like ATM's in reverse--you put your money in and walk off. It sucks, sucks, sucks.

I can't put my loathing and distaste for Las Vegas into words, but if I could, it might read a bit like this, which ends with a fair summation of what Las Vegas is really like: " all the shitty shit from this country, piled up on top of each other, wrapped up with a bunch of flashing Christmas lights to distract you from the stench. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker